She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Five Things I Know

My style as a teacher is to ask people to think about what they already know. I have a strong bias that through such reflection we can start to recognize what we don't know and even what we wished we knew. So recently, I thought I should put my money where my mouth is -- and take my own medicine, pull myself up by my bootstraps because...oh, you get it.

Five Things I Know:


      1. You should only split hosta plants in the fall.

      2. Turning a nob or screw to the left will make it looser, to the right will make it tighter. In other words, Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey.

      3. If I could eat as many potato chips as I wanted I would end up one of those people who need to be buried in a piano crate.

      4. Swimming laps keeps me sane. If I had to stop, the cops would have to be called.

      5. Birds sing because life is sweet.


      What 5 things do you know?

      3 Comments:

      At 11:40 AM, Blogger Nessa said...

      Life is sweet.

       
      At 7:36 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

      You are rarely more than 6 feet away from a spider.

      We are all, quite literally, made of stars.

      I'm happy when I'm camping.

      Wii is the true opiate of the masses in our house.

      Jose Reyes is the best lead off hitter in baseball.

       
      At 6:15 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

      Now the spider thing I did now -- and in my house I believe it is less of a distance -- maybe 6 inches.

      Jose Reyes -- for real? We'll see how Ellsbury does this season ;)

       

      Post a Comment

      << Home