She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Sometimes People Drink Vodka and Do Strange Things

I found this while reading FAQ on a U2 site, in response to the question: Did Bono really take off his clothes in the middle of a crowded restaurant?
This is true. From Newsday March 27, 1992: At a dinner earlier this week at London's celebrity haunt, Nikita, Bono surprised his 18 dinner guests by removing all his clothes - including his black bikini briefs - for no apparent reason. During the Russian meal of mainly vodka and caviar, we're told the Irish rocker sat naked and acted as if being nude in a plush, crowded restaurant was the most natural thing in the world. Which, in some quarters, we suppose it is. "Sometimes people drink vodka and do strange things," Nikita owner Sylvain Borsi told us. But didn't he find Bono's behavior a bit eccentric, to say the least? "No, he was very nice and very civilized," Borsi said. "I think he just felt more comfortable with nothing on." But he had a really good reason! From Newsday March 30, 1992 : His spokesman says Bono was actually being interviewed by a journalist during dinner when the Irish rocker decided to undress, as we reported. "The writer was so unimaginative, so frozen, so unloose that Bono thought it would be a good idea to take his clothes off," the spokesman said. "And there wasn't much of a reaction."

6 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Gosh, how'd I miss that news? Wonder if I was passed out somewhere nekked.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

But do you were black bikini briefs?

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger larryosaurus said...

Weird.

But vodka makes me want to kill people. So I really can't pass judgement on the guy..or savior...or human fly..or whatever he is ;)

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

I do strange things while sober.

Drunk, I'm actually pretty circumspect.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Mutha said...

jackie: Not so much the vodka for me -- but tequila makes me want to go home with people.

Clowncar: That makes me think of the WC Fields comment when he was called out for being drunk by a woman, "I may be drunk madam -- but tomorrow I will be sober -- and you, dear lady, will still be ugly."

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Not often, no.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home