She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Great Things to Get for Your Birthday


Today is my day! And it has made me think about what great gifts I have received:


A trip to NYC which included maki from Morimoto's restaurant. No I didn't win a contest -- only the Husband Lottery.


Tickets to see Equus, which my husband called "Potter Shlong." See above.


My 8-year-old handed me his Spy Recorder at 6:30 a.m. When you push the button it plays his voice saying, "Happy Birthday, Mom!"


A vase of tiger lilies from my brother.


A video from my best friend's young twin sons proclaiming their love for my dimples.


A yard full of very pretty snow.


Now if only Varitek would just sign that deal the Red Sox have put on the table...
What's the best birthday present you ever got?

5 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Hey, happy birthday! Solitude is my favorite birthday present. I get it whenever my birthday falls on a weekend.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Mutha said...

Thanks Doug! You really are an old young man. And Varitek signed on 1/30/09. Works for me.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger larryosaurus said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I've come to learn in the last year that birthdays are the most important holiday. Funny that I'd never realized this before...

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

How was Equuus?

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

jackie: Ah with age comes wisdom.

Clown Car:I thought Equus was great. The play itself is a little dated as is'70s therapy -- but it does stand up -- and the leads were very good. Radcliff pulls off complicated emotions. By the way -- he is not just nude for a scene -- it goes on and on -- with running around the stage and what have you. Hats off to him (so to speak). I read an interview inwhich he said no one could claim he hadn't challenged himself with this part -- and it's true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home