She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Thoughts On a Home Run


I remember watching Hank Aaron beat Babe Ruth's record. I remember debates on sports talk shows arguing how much greater Ruth was than Aaron. Many said there was no comparing them -- the time between men was far too great to judge one against the other, the game of baseball too different from one era to the next.

But I love Hank Aaron and I don't love Barry Bonds.

And so today, I am sad that Aaron becomes a kind of footnote to the circus surrounding Bonds.

If it is any consolation Hank, my son traded his Bonds card months ago and has your picture hanging in his room.

5 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Barry Bonds is the Home Run King. Hank Aaron is a hero. I'd rather admire Hammerin' Hank anyday.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Nessa said...

I have no real comment, not be a baseball fan, but I did read your post.

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. As a fan I find it very sad that one of the most revered records in all of sports has befallen this fate...I feel cheated. Oh well. Go Dodgers...Go Sox.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

Thanks for nailing Doug.

G-Nib, hangin there -- I can't write about baseball everytime...or I will try anyway.

Joel: I am pulling for the Dodgers -- you know I am. D-Lowe had a rough time today I guess. Syill lots more ball to play.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

nailing Doug?
No, I meant nailing it, Doug.


Aaaah baseball, it makes me flustered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home