She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Life


During the last week my son turned seven and three homicides occured in one of the neighborhoods where I work. In choosing whether I should write about life or death - I have gone for life.




Here is what came up when I went searching for images under the simple term: "Life."




Yeah...I'm not sure about this one. But it came up. I believe it has to do with this man's life. A day in the life of a really limber guy.






Apparently this means "long life." It makes me think about all the Chinese character tatoos I have seen on white people. I often wonder which ones actually mean "dumb ass."





Here's an old friend...remember Mikey ("He won't eat it! He hates everything!")? I do. I also remember the urban myth that circulated in my grammer school years that he died in a freak Pop Rocks and Pepsi accident. That makes me think of those Mentos in Diet Coke explosions. Ick. Poor Mikey.



If you had to pick an image that meant life -- what would that image be?

11 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

I just want to see Mikey blow up on you tube. I'll try to think about life later.

I had Life cereal this last weekend. It's still good.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Mutha said...

If you find the footage let me know. It has been years since I ate that cereal -- Although I will avoid watching mentioned footage on a full stomache.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger FirstNations said...

...well duh; a box a' chaklits.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Mutha said...

Jesus I hate that movie! RUN Forrest -- Don't THINK, RUN!! Okay I'm back -- and of course I just love you FN. DO you have anything tattoed on your body in language other than English? I know you do your homework -- so it wouldn't mean "dumb ass" unless you wanted it to.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger The Old Mule said...

An image of life? How about Mexico City at 4:00 pm on a Friday.

Yeah, those character tats on frat boys are too much. You wonder what meaning they have. What inner meaning.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

Welcome Old Mule. I have only heard of the scene that is Mexico City but I know you ain't kiddin when you use it to describe life. I wonder about those frat boys too -- and the discraimer they had to sign (at least I did when I was tatooed in Savannah GA) that swears you are not drunk.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Excellent!
I have always thought that those huge Chinese character Tats probably translate to
'Eat At Cho's'

People (who aren't already under the employ of Government Agencies)who stand around all day long on one leg need to get a life!

My mental image is from the Woody Allen movie Zelig? Upon his deathbed Zelig's father tells him that
"Life is basically a cruel and meaningless existence and that all that he can suggest is to 'save string'."

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A puppy.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger FirstNations said...

yup. a kanjee 'demon conqueror' on my shoulder. it also means 'conquering demon', 'overcome ghost' and 'ghost defeat'.
all of which apply.
yes, it's cultural misappropriation, but it beats the hell out of a unicorn.

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat Benatar.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Good one, Al

 

Post a Comment

<< Home