She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pass the Potato Salad, Marvin Gaye

I heard an interview with Stevie Wonder recently in which he said that he wrote the song I Wish (those days would come back once more) after coming home from a Motown Picnic.
Which begs the question:
"Motown Picnic? How do I get myself invited?"

Also:

"Can you do a three-legged race with Diana Ross?"

"Are the Jackson Five in the pie-eating contest?"

And

"Did Barry Gordy win the egg-on-the-spoon relay?"

And because inquiring minds want to know..."Who got drunk?"

7 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger Nessa said...

Is there a place in Detroit to have a picnic?

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...some of the burbs outside the city are nice.

Can you imagine the sing alongs?

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger FirstNations said...

...and the FOOD!!!!!!!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

Goldennib: I think Hittsville had a front lawn.

Joel: Maybe not "Michael Row Your Boat Ashore" but one hell of a Supreme's medley.

FN: Lordy!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

C-Girl: I think Smokey Robinson needs a partner for that!
Ah as the years roll on the mind is still furtile!!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Teena Marie?

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

Janice Joplin is the only blue-eyed soul singer I could give credit to -- and to me she is a queen. Teena Marie gives me the heeby-geebies. But You are right Doug...apparently she is a Motown girl. maybe she could bring that jello salad with the marshmallows

 

Post a Comment

<< Home