She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Three Things I Find Hard To Admit

#1: I watch a lot of strange television. This means that I am able to tell you who won each year of Project Runway, but have only seen three episodes of Friends. I know which channel and at what time to find the show Mystery Diagnosis, but don't know anything about any of the various CSI shows (Don't even know what CSI stands for...). I LOVE the BBC show Cash In the Attic but have never watched the Sopronos.

#2: I have developed a crush on Justin Timberlake. I had somehow avoided ever consciously listening to a Justin Timberlake song until recently and I have never once responded to his looks. I guess the whole package has caught up with me now at forty-two. Do you think I am part of the demographic he is going for?

#3: I write a blog. I have told very few people that I write a blog...but now I have two, so it seems like this may have progressed to a secret. I read on Al's blog recently that his wife "outed" him to friends. I cringed for him -- but he explained that it wasn't all that bad. Friends didn't find him weird or silly....or maybe weirder or sillier. Hmmmm. Maybe tomorrow.

10 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

1. I'm pretty sure strange television is subjective.

2. I have no comfort to offer here.

3. Yeah writing a blog is kind of weird. I have a different weird issue. Everyone pretty much knows I write a blog or two but I don't like to talk about it.

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1: I watched only two episodes of Friends.

2: I keep hearing the name but I'm glad I don't know who he is.

3: Most people at work don't know I'm writing a blog - and most of my friends who know don't have internet.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

Doug: It's ok about Justin Timberlake...I don't think he's your type anyway. And ofcourse you have the third problem -- you're a courmudgeon.

Indie: You beat me on the Friends thing! Bravo. And ditto on Doug -- don't think Justin is your type either. Another secret keeper! I love it!

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Mutha -- my wife's slowly adjusting to the idea of me blogging. As for what my friends think of me -- well, let's just say, I'm no role model. :-)

And, I'm with you on the CSIs, and the Msytery Diagnosis series, but PROJECT RUNWAY?

That's
just
wrong...

But, still, WAY more forgiveable than The Apprentice. Pkease tell us that, when it comes to the Donald, you just say no.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Mutha said...

AL: NEVER!!! Never watched the Donald. And Project Runway -- I don't just watch it, I LOVE it. And I've got my husband hooked on it too. So......ha.

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've seen every episode of Friends 26 times...no make that 27.

I would ask you, for the sake of your friends everywhere, to reconsider the crush. Perhaps you could transfer your feelings to soccer star Beckham?

Very few people who know my true identity know I write a blog...sometimes even I don't know I do.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Blogging has taken over my television time.

2) Oddly, I haven't listened to any of his songs and he definitely never peeked my interest but suddenly - I don't know...I find myself wanting to give him a chance. Don't let anyone see this.

3) Most of my family/friends know - some pay absolutely no attention and rare is the actual comment from any of them. Tis best. Nobody at work! Oy vey, that's all I need.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

C-Girl: My Project Runway Comrad! I didn't even know he split from Ms. Diaz. Ooooo a fight. Seeing as he clearly digs older chicks, it may have to come down to that.

G: See Now!! The girls are tellin it like it is! What can one do? The man brought "sexy back" after all.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

Joel! Here's my qualifier with the Friends episodes. One of the only episodes I saw was the one that Rachel and Joey switch favorite books and Joey ends up putting "Little Women" in the freezer. I thought this was so funny that I have worked it into my every day vocabulary -- to "that's gonna need to go in the freezer" said whenever something is frightening or overwhelming.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

I am a lover not a fighter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home