She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Monday, November 27, 2006

That's All She Wrote...

I am drawing the veil on NaNoWriMo with the word count at 25,596.

I decided this weekend that I simply did not have 24,000 and change to produce in the last four days of the challenge. I am sure there are many people who participate in National Novel Writing Month who have full-time jobs and then a smaller group that have jobs AND children and then an even smaller group that have jobs and children and get to 50K words by November 30th. All I can say is, "I REALLY don't know how you did it!"

And I don't mean to make excuses, only offer observations...but damn, I thought I could write fast. Oh well.

I do have more pieces from the story to share. In fact Mac, Ellen and the gang have gotten themselves quite entwined. But I must say, I have a NaNoWriMo hangover right now and will need to wait.

Thanks so much to Khayagirl, First Nations, Doug, Al, Charleston Girl, Joel, G, Petunia's Gardener, and Pod for stopping in and giving out high-fives. You rock!

6 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Major accomplishment...admire your discipline and the high quality of your effort.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I love this story and I really, really want more...whenever you're ready! Thanks for giving us what you did.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

You both make me feel much better. I was a bit down in the dumps about only getting half-way to the word count. But I do like the story -- and that is more rewarding than simply typing.
So thanks K-Girl! I am gonna share some soon!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Indeterminacy said...

I say 25k sounds very productive. So what if it isn't 50K? If it's a story you feel good about, that's what counts. The snippits you posted (the ones I read) seem pretty cool to me. Gotta go back and read the rest now - I haven't done much blog-visiting in November, so I missed it all.

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey congrats - not shabby at all. Maybe I'll actually join you next year. And I have some catching up to do (and plan on it).

rdwnexmu: read what's next by mutha!

 
At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: I don't get around much anymore, maybe in this month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home