Five Things I Know
My style as a teacher is to ask people to think about what they already know. I have a strong bias that through such reflection we can start to recognize what we don't know and even what we wished we knew. So recently, I thought I should put my money where my mouth is -- and take my own medicine, pull myself up by my bootstraps because...oh, you get it.
- You should only split hosta plants in the fall.
- Turning a nob or screw to the left will make it looser, to the right will make it tighter. In other words, Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey.
- If I could eat as many potato chips as I wanted I would end up one of those people who need to be buried in a piano crate.
- Swimming laps keeps me sane. If I had to stop, the cops would have to be called.
- Birds sing because life is sweet.