She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Monday, June 02, 2008

How I Used to Be Funny (Maybe)

I have been gone a while -- from the blogshere that is. This has been for several reasons:
  • The community outreach project I run is finishing up a big grant and trying to russel up some new money.
  • Both of my children play baseball in the spring -- on two different teams -- which means lots of games and practices and interesting conversations with other parents (see previous post).
  • My husband travels for work in the spring -- which means single parenting (and God bless you all who do it for real, 24/7.)
But also, or more likely as a result, two more things played heavily in the last couple of months:
I got sick -- as in "You need to get an MRI to rule out anything scary" sick.
and
I stopped being funny.

So here's more: The MRI showed nothing scary -- but getting the MRI was VERY SCARY. I hate small places, kids -- and an MRI is nothing but a small place. So I guess I am not dying but I am still feeling ill -- so the tests continue. Meanwhile I am getting acupuncture, which seems to be helping -- and will contribute, at least, to future posts about my groovy-goolie acupuncturist team/married couple.
And then there is the funny -- or lack there of. Besides having less time and energy to write, I did not feel funny or anything close to sharp. So I didn't write. I watched Bugs Bunny a lot, trying to get the funny back. But I kept thinking -- "Now that is funny, and I am not." I mean, how can you top Bugs swatting away a giant bull, snorting at him from behind, exclaiming "Stop steamin up my tail! What are ya tryin to do? Wrinkle it?!"

So I ask any of you who might stumble over this blog to be kind and encouraging. Not only am I working on getting well, I am nursing a funny bone and I can use all the help I can get.
Heard any good jokes lately?

4 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Did you try painting a tunnel on a rock to see if anyone bumps their head?

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Shame on me. I should have also said I'm glad the MRI didn't turn up anything scary.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger larryosaurus said...

Here's one of my favorites:

Masochist: "Hit me!"
Sadist: "No."

Get it? Because he's a sadist...and the other one is...ahh, forget it. Sorry, but that's about as funny as I can do.

Get better soon :D

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Mutha said...

Doug: Brilliant! Or I could look dumb-founded and exclaim, "I musta taken a wrong turn at Albequerque!" And thanks for the good wishes -- and Mutha's place is a shame-free zone.

Jackie: My very favorite pumpkin head! No I DO get it! My joke repetoire is very limited. I find it consists of either little kid knock-knock jokes and one or two dirty ones. Thanks for the good wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home