She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Prince! Prince! Prince! Let's Talk About Prince!

The Artist Formerly Known as Merely Kooky has finally gone off the deep end. Not content with simply turning his name into an unpronounceable symbol, he shaved the word "slave" into his facial hair -- all in the name of getting out of his record contract. Well now it seems that none of that is enough. No. Now he hates his fans. And not in that general funk "stop looking at me because I hate myself" kind of thing that Kurt Cobain had going. Prince is SUING his fans -- trying to get them to stop posting about him, and even making photos of their own Prince-tribute tattoos public.


Well you don't have to taunt me twice Prince. I could have gone my whole life without posting about you -- but now I have to. You leave me no choice.

According to the Prince fan site prince.org, they have been sent a "DMCA takedown notice and at least two Cease and Desist letters from attorneys representing Prince. Their demands for removing content and mandating how we would refer to Prince, if obliged, would essentially mean the end of any discussion of Prince-related topics, hosting of images (even of people\'s symbol tattoos!) and more. We at prince.org will not stand for this, and have joined forces with the other affected sites to tell our side of the story and stand up to what are, in our opinion, bullying tactics designed to silence freedom of speech."

I must admit I have been in a fan. I loved Purple Rain -- and other fantastic singles such as "Kiss" and Sinead O'Connor's recording of "Nothing Compares to You." I have bought the man's albums! I have dug his solos and appreciated the whole presentation enough to stifle a giggle at the general tiny-guy-in-high-heels element. I even praised his creativity with the symbol/beard shaving bit. But now I feel committed to my own civil disobedience.

So! Let's go to the fans' new hangout. Come on Prince -- you can come too! Oh...and one more picture...

And one more for good luck...


*giggle*



8 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Nessa said...

I never understood the attraction to him.

It's a shame there couldn't be a mass boycott of him. I bet if no one ever bought another album or concert ticket, he'd wish someone said his name.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Any Psychology 101 student can easily decipher his ridiculously transparent attempts to disguise his short guy complex by promoting himself as an insatiable Sex Machine.

However I enjoyed the intense Jackson/Prince rivalry back in the 80s. Now that they have both voluntarily flung themselves over the deep end we will simply move on without them.

Did you know that the Nazis persecuted Jehovah Witnesses (Prince and Jackson have both been members) and marked them with a PURPLE triangle.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

Nessa: He goes by Prince again these days...only don't post it. I would suggest a boycott -- but it sounds as if you never intended to buy any of his goo in the first place. You might have to stick your tongue out to him as a last resort -- feel free to use the pictures in this post as a resource.

Homo-esc: So many of this world's unpleasantries can be linked to short-man's disease it seems...I think there is a disertation topic in there somewhere.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Dongoose said...

I hear ya Mutha and he did SO much better than the Stones at the Superbowl Halftime Show....feh! The most ludicrous would have to be this:
http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9807555-7.html
Fcuk that guy!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

Dang! No Way! Who doesn't want babies dancing to their music? What's next? The squashing of the babies chicks?

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Mutha

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Nessa said...

Happy Belated Turkey Holiday. I stuck my tongue out at Prince just for you.

Come see my gobbler.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

Oh -- go ahead and give him the finger! Happy day to you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home