She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Three New Things I Can't Believe

The rock band Kiss is marketing a perfume and cologne line.
I ask only -- who the hell wants to smell like anyone in that band? And what would that smell be? Grease paint? Sweaty leather? It gives me the shivers.

The US Army is actively recruiting parents now.
Ads I have seen in several publications telling parents that if their child wants to sign-up, they should hear their child out and learn the "facts" about serving. Apparently hard sell TV and print ads, websites, billboards, and countless big budget movies geared towards adolescents are not enough propaganda for the machine. Now Uncle Sam is going on to try and roll Mom and Dad directly. My boys are far from serving age and this already leaves a very bad taste in my pinko mouth.

The Detroit Tigers are in the World Series.
When I went to actively cheering for the Tigers during the train-wreck that was the Red Sox August, I thought they might have a chance. But here they are: baseball steamrollers. Bam! And now they are even rested. Mets or Cardinals? I don't envy anyone coming up against them.

6 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe KISS is still popular enough to sell anything! They were the "it" band when I was in high school so many years ago...snuck into one of their concerts early during a sound check and saw them without makeup.

The desparation of the military recruiters makes me wonder if there's not another draft in our future...I hope not.

The Tigers success is a nice surprise...their trouncing of the Yankees - priceless! If there can't be a Dodgers/Red Sox series I say Go Tigers!!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

I remember a hilarious post on your blog about KISS and their fan pilgrimage to petition their induction to the Rock'n'roll hall of fame. I can honestly say that and this news item are the two times I have thought of the band in 20 years.

OY! Draft! Bite your tongue.

I think the Cards have their work cut out for them. Those Tigers look sleek and ready.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is much hair pulling and knashing of teeth here today following the Mets fall from grace...heeheehee...why do I take pleasure in my fellow NYers pain...that's not nice.

Tigers in five, maybe six?

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

All I can say is the New York teams take real glee in any big hurt they dish out on anyone else. When the Sox have played in Shea, they play the Buckner misplay over and over again. It was one hell of a game last night, but all I could think in the end was "Hmmmmm...how does that feel Mets fans?" Been there.

And so -- sorry -- BOTH NY teams in the play-offs and neither in the World Series? Priceless! Buoy my spirits boys!

I think Tigers in 5 is a good bet -- they gotta lose a game some time -- although, lately they look as if they have forgotten how to do anything but win.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger FirstNations said...

i used to get solicited for a 'KISS' credit card.
yeah.
the only thing tempting me was imagining all the different grocery orders I could pay for using it. say, a bottle of pickled onions, an enema kit and a can of crisco.

do you accept....KISS??????

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Mutha said...

Geez FN -- when credit becomes surreal...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home