She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Who Put the Pal in Principal?

Both of my children have been sent to the principal's office in the last week. Two very different kids, two different reasons for being sent there, two different schools and two different principals. One child burst into tears the second I saw him that afternoon (the anxious and sensitive one) and one child tried to snake past telling me at all and then claimed to have no feelings on the subject (the alpha-male, charming one).

One principal told my child to simply "quit it" and to avoid the kid with whom he had mixed it up into a fist fight (guess which one). I get behind such a no nonsense approach. The other principal took one look at my other child while he cried in fear that he was going to get into trouble and told him, "Act like a fourth grader and stop crying."

Honey, I am long past fourth grade and even I've got to cry sometimes.

Did I mention this second principal looks like Ava Braun? Oh yeah.

Did I mention I took the next morning off from work to sit outside her office until she met with me so that I could tell her what I thought of the "no cry" policy? Yes in deed.

Does anybody else remember the spelling rule that the Principal of your school is your Pal?

I think someone forgot to tell her.

5 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the disparity of quality in our schools. Over the years we have experienced the full spectrum...from the true heroes to the dirty rotten scoundrels who have no business teaching or governing our kids. A crapshoot as it were that kept us on our toes throughout their school years.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger FirstNations said...

Oh HELL yes. Ava sounds like she's riding the Burnout Express.
Whore.
...Do I seem a little sensitive on the subject of shitty principals?
If I'm doing it right I should. Oh inDEED.

YOU TELL 'EM!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Mutha said...

Thanks! Hooooo Weeeeeee that Ava is a piece of work. How does someone like that wake up one morning and say, "I wanna be a elementary school principal!" when she should have said, "I want to lead a tank bregade across the desert!"??

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

good for you for going to give her your feedback mutha. I dread the day when this stuff happens to my kids.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Mutha said...

Something tells me that if put in that position -- it would not be you who need dread. :)
This stuff brings out the Mamma Lion in us all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home