She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Even More Stupid Fun

Getting a Kick Out of Butt

No one understands how baseline funny butts are like 9 year old boys. The word, the actual thing -- it's all hilarious. It makes me think of that Yoko Ono film in which she showed a series of behinds: young, old, cute, and not so much. I remember reading somewhere that she made the film to remind us of our shared vulnerability as human beings. Well, my nine year old points out that we have butts on a regular basis in order to remind us how incredibly absurd that fact is. How could something so funny be attached to each and everyone of us?

The other day my two sons were in a huge screaming fight, which sounded as if it most certainly would come to blows. I started to walk closer, trying to jump in if a boxing referee became necessary, but that is not what happened. As the fight reached operatic proportions, one of them ended the other one's sentence by saying, "Butt." They both got hysterical laughing and all was forgiven.

So, my suggestion is to give it a little thought. Check out someone's butt, or just insert the word somewhere it might be appreciated. See what happens. It could be fun.

3 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Janet said...

This reminds me of how my third grade students were getting assigned planets for their solar system report.

One couldn't stop giggling at the thought of Uranus.

Thanks for swinging by my site, come by anytime!:)

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, butts by any name are amusing. My mother insisted "butt" was vulgar and always called it "fanny," but I find that hysterical. I go for "bottom," but my son has taken to calling it "biscuits," leading to threats (never acted on) such as, "I'll burn your biscuits for you."

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Mutha said...

Wow Weirsdo! I would expect the biscuits comment from Weezy Jefferson. I also love when moms intend to tone something down and take it to the next level instead. "Fanny" is just plain funny -- and could potentially inspire a riot in the back seat of a car as easily as "butt".

Thanks for swinging by!

Janet, your site rocks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home