She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Just a Second, Say That Again #2

"He not busy being born is busy dying"

This is a quote from a very young Bob Dylan. I will skip the often made point that Dylan did most of his important song-writing early on. On the contrary, this quote resonates with me because Dylan is an original to this day. Recently, I got the chance to see him live for the first time and he played the whole set at the keyboards. Dylan the keyboardist? He sounded great and played an incredibly interesting mix of tunes (begging the question: when you're picking from that songbook how bad could it ever be anyway?). All this for a reasonably priced ticket and a small venue. It made me remember that this was the man once heckled and threatened because he went electric, who has always gone about his business his way. And as I watched him on stage, wearing a cowboy hat, clearly enjoying playing with a great back-up band, I couldn't help but notice how true to his folk and revolutionary roots he still is. Busy being born, show us how it's done Bob.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home