She's a Real Mother

Mutha's got eyes in the back of her head.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Once when I was a little girl, I asked my mother, "What will I be..."

Will I be pretty? Will I be rich? This is what she said to me: Que sera, sera. What ever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera sera.

Why these lyrics to begin my blog? Because other than merely mentioning a mother/daughter conversation, it was featured in an important conversation between me and my very own mother. In fact, my mother sang it to me. And why would she do that, you ask? Was she late with her medication that day? No. She sang it to me because I had told her that I wasn't sure, but I thought I might be pregnant. Did I mention that my mother is Roman Catholic? I think Que Sera Sera might be the Roman Catholic anthem for possible pregnancies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home